Further Information & Hand Outs
Urgent advice: Ask for an urgent GP appointment if:
- you are not improving with treatment
- new onset gut symptoms
- unexplained weight loss
- blood in your stool
- waking up at night to open your bowels
The following hand outs are available to download or print.
- IBS Network
- NHS UK Constipation Advice
- Article: Feeling bunged up? Don’t let poo be a taboo. By British Dietetic Association including lots of useful references
- Article: Four Tips to Help Constipation by Professor Clare Collins in research based news and analysis journal The Conversation.