Further Information & Hand Outs
Fussy Eating in Children
The following bite-sized webinars have been produced by the Paediatric ARFID Service at the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, Wales. They have a specialist service committed to raising awareness of ARFID and produce a wide variety of resources for both parents and healthcare professionals to support children in becoming more confident with food.
Please click on the links below to access the webinars.
- What is ARFID?
- Managing Emotions
- Food Chaining
- Eating as a Family
- Managing Sensory Difficulties around Food
- Fussy Feeders – Under 5 Years of Age
- Fussy Feeders – Older Children
- Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
- Division of Responsibility Theory
- Food Chaining Advice
- Feeding Difficulties in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Refusing Lumpy Food – Information for parents
- Steps to Eating
- ARFID Awareness
- Autism Somerset
- Assessment Pathway for Autism and ADHD (Somerset)
- Child Feeding Guide
- Fussy and Faddy Eating in Toddlers
- Ellyn Sätter Institute – Making Family Meals Joyful
- Easy Ways to Eat Well
- Recipe Checker – British Heart Foundation
- For advice on age appropriate portion
Books and Podcasts
- ACAMH Food Sensitivities and Proclivities Podcast
- The fussy eaters guide to exploring food: A book for children (book) – by A Butterworth, Samantha Sargent and Kay Toomey (2023) – a step by step guide on how to explore new foods.
- Food Refusal and Avoidant Eating in Children, including those with Autism Spectrum Conditions: A Practical Guide for Parents and Professionals (book) – by Gillian Harris and Elizabeth Shea (July 2018)